Saturday, May 26, 2012

3 Moonu review

3 - Moonu

by moniya
Usually I wait for someone to tell me which Tamil movie to watch. If the reviews from my peers are good, then i will go and watch it. But Moonu was well hyped by its song 'Kolaveri', months before its release. Even my sons were singing it. I did not like it, being a father; who wants his sons to sing Kolaveri in public when i take them for shopping.

Much waited movie from Dhanush. Must say, i was one of those who wrote off of both dhanush and shruti, after their initial movie few years ago. Over the last 3-4 movies, Dhanush have matured into the big scene. I feel  he even over tooked some of the big timers like Vijay, Simbu, Arjun and etc in terms of versatility, facial expression and his capability to bring out his characters well in the movie. He did very well in his previous movie Mayakam Enna. I enjoyed it as much as Moonu. It will a close call for which is better. Even though, the ending was a bit off beat in Mayakam enna, Moonu took the ending scene like Quentin Tarantino, Alfred Hitchcock, Christopher Nolan etc kind of movies. Many tamil movie lovers might not like this ending but..i loved it. Disturbing... but something new for a change in the Tamil movie scene.

Well, must say that it has been long seen any recent heros did a sad scene well. Recently, many heros can't do or don't do sad scenes as well as the old timers like my all time favourite Kamalhassan. In Moonu, Dhanush and Shruti have shown its in their blood. In Mayakam enna, Richa did a excellent act, in fact she surprised me; one of the best during the scene when she came back from hospital; she cleaned the blood stain and without saying a word she her facial expression and hands were superb....i watched it few times; (may be i will write about it in another post)


In Moonu, Dhanush and Shruti  have shown how well they can do some of the scenes which look technically difficult with camera so close to your face. As for Shruti, she proved herself worthy of being a superstar actress. I am waiting for her next movie. She stands for herself, even though she got her father eyes; she does act her heart out. See the scene at the end of this song clip beside (above); you may have tears coming out. Now, i will add Dhanush into my all time favourite Tamil movie hero list. Of course, the list is not long. I will post in my next article on Tamil Hero list.

Ok, folks. Guess, i am done with Moonu. Kolaveri is much better seen with the dance in the movie. Credits to the director, Aisywarya for the great work. Good directors makes good movies. Well done...
My rating. 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment